Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Entertaining Angels

I was visited by Jesus today. His name was Bill. He looked a little different though; no robe, beard or long hair. He was unkempt with dirty hands. He smelled. He had a tattoo and his teeth were rotting. He just showed up without an appointment! Ugh! I am extra busy now that it's Christmas. I am busy doing the real ministry of answering phone calls, writing letters and emails. Oh, and blogging too! Now that's some real ministry! Actually, I was heading into the sanctuary to pray when He arrived. Really, I mean it. I am not making this up for dramatic effect. It was really inconvenient for Jesus to show up when I was about to pray. What was He thinking? The more I think about it, the more upset I get that Jesus would interrupt my ministry like that. Damn it! It wasn't on my google calendar for today to waste an hour and half helping Jesus with gas and food. I kept looking at my watch. After that, I only had six hours to get 8 hours of real ministry done. I mean I had some filing to do! I had to clean off my desk. It was a real mess. It's clean now. At least I got that done! I hope Jesus doesn't show up again anytime soon, especially without an appointment. If He does, I'll be really ticked.

2 comments:

Dave Green said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave Green said...

Amen, we were downtown Atlanta Friday evening and Jesus joined our group as we walked the two blocks to grab a bite with some friends in the cold. He was also unkempt, smelly, and wearing everything he owned. He offered to direct us to where ever it was we were going and I totally blew him off, but I had plans and we were very busy, I just didn't have time.

You'd think he'd call ahead!